Apple Stores fire up iBeacon to track you while you shop
(Credit: Roger Cheng/CNET)
Apple’s iBeacon will find its way to Apple Store customers on Friday.
Apple will start using the iBeacon feature built into iOS 7 to be a personal shopper for customers on Friday at its 254 stores across the US. As long as you have Apple’s official Store app installed and allow the program to track your location, iBeacon can tell you about the products you’re near in the store, and provide order updates that can be shared with sales staff on the floor.
- Apple’s iBeacon tracks, guides shoppers
- Apple to start following you around its stores, report says
- Baseball’s beacon trials hint at Apple’s location revolution
- Bluetooth beacons coming to ballparks
- MLB tests Apple’s iBeacon at Citi Field
One of the more interesting tools Apple has built into iBeacon is the ability to determine upgrade eligibility on the iPhone. When near an iPhone, Apple’s app will see if you’d like to upgrade to the newer version…. [Read more]
Read more The Download Blog – CNET