Facebook to test PayPal competitor for mobile buys — report
Facebook is looking to expand its presence in mobile with a new payment feature, according to a new report.
The social network is planning “in the next month or so” to test a mobile-payment service that would allow consumers to pay for products with only their Facebook credentials, All Things Digital reported on Thursday, citing people who claim to have knowledge of its plans.
- The more you use Facebook, the more miserable you get — study
- Celebrity rumor: A Facebook app only for VIPs
- In U.S., 101M people use Facebook mobile apps every day
- Hoopla over Elon Musk’s Hyperloop
- Watch the Internet stream by, one second at a time
Facebook’s plan is to offer the service to those who have stored credit card information on the social network. Those users can then access e-commerce mobile apps to buy products, and… [Read more]
Read more The Download Blog – CNET