Samsung plans increased investment in software
Samsung might be best known for its hardware, but the company is moving more of its money into software.
Speaking at Samsung’s Analyst Day in Seoul, Korea, Wednesday, Samsung CFO Lee Sang-hoon said that the company is modifying its investment strategy, “shifting from hardware to software,” according to the Wall Street Journal, which was in attendance at the event. The decision follows industry-wide movement from hardware to software, according to Lee.
- Samsung aims to overtake Apple as top tablet maker
- Look out, Google Glass: Samsung eyeing wearable technology
- When will my Android phone get KitKat?
- AT&T snaps up Samsung Galaxy S4 Zoom for November 8
- Nokia, Samsung agree to extend patent licensing deal
Samsung’s goal in software is to “reinforce our competitiveness,” he said, adding that the company will specifically focus on “software pla… [Read more]
Read more The Download Blog – CNET